1.BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY: STATE GOVERNMENT UNIVERSITY OF TAMILNADU
- AICTE UGC DEC
Bharathidasan University established in February 1982, and was named after the great revolutionary Tamil PoetBharathidasan (1891-1968). The motto of the University We will create a brave new world has been framed from Bharathidasans poetic words புதியதோர்உலகம்செய்வோம். The University endeavours to be true to such a vision by creating in the region a brave new world of academic innovation for social change(NAAC, - 2005, p.69). The year 2006-07 is the Silver Jubilee year for this great and vibrant University.
2.MADURAI KAMRAJ UNIVERSITY: STATE GOVERNMENT UNIVERSITY OF TAMILNADU
- AICTE UGC DEC
- M K University is on its relentless journey for the past 46 years surmounting hurdles of indigenous and exotic nature on its way and has passed through the tests of accreditation towards reaching the status of excellence. University is aware that the process of achieving excellence is continuous and therefore, all efforts are in progress to keep up the momentum.
- The University came into being through a bill passed in the legislative Assembly of the state in the year 1965. Thus, it is a statutory university owned and funded by the Government of Tamilnadu and the University Grants Commission. This University is the member of Association of Indian Universities and one of the nine universities in India with a status of University with Potential for Excellence. This University has given birth to the present Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Alaggapa University and Mother Theresa University. As on date, it covers four revenue districts of Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindugal and Theni. Currently it holds a total of 75 renowned Departments and 20 Schools. It has 24 autonomous colleges, 14 aided colleges, 33 self financing colleges, 18 approved institutions, 4 evening colleges and 7 constituent colleges catering to the needs of large number of students from urban and rural areas.
3.Karnataka State Open University
- The Karnataka State Open University established on 1st June 1996 vide Karnataka Govt. Notification No. ED 1 UOV 95 dated 12th February 1996 - KSOU Act 1992 is considered to be a reputed Open University amongst the open learning institutions in the country. Keeping in view the educational needs of our country, in general, and state in particular the policies and program me shave been geared to cater to the needy.
- Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi, permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, UK, Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China, and also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
- Karnataka State Open University is situated at the North–Western end of the Manasagangotri campus, Mysore. The campus, which is about 5 Kms, from the city centre, has a serene atmosphere ideally suited for academic pursuits. The University houses at present the Administrative Office, Academic Block, Lecture Halls, a well-equipped Library, Guest House Cottages, a Moderate Canteen, Girls Hostel and a few cottages providing limited accommodation to students coming to Mysore for attending the Contact Programmers or Term-end examinations.